Friday, March 20, 2009

Five Unexpected Joys of Nursing

1. Baby's soft clammy hand stroking my arm as she suckles.
2. A tiny hand rhythmically squeezing my thumb as if she was pumping milk out.
3. The arm of a sleepy baby rising into the air as the milk begins to flow when she starts suckling.
4. A gummy smile as baby looks up at my face - then quickly dives back into my breast as if she is worried that it might disappear if she unlatches for a moment.
5. The "Mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm" noises made by the suckling baby in a noisy mood.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Got to you through link on Earthenwitch. Love this post! #5 is the very thing that gave me the title for my blog. Will definitely be following your interesting thoughts on instinctual parenting.

phandorabox said...

This was great tto read